Fig, Cherry and CBD Hemp Soda Bread
Posted at 14:53h in Cheese, Breads 0 Comments
Stirring in dried fruit, such as the figs and cherries in this recipe, makes CBD hemp soda bread a particularly good match for cheese. Delicious in a cheese course, served with blue cheese, Gorgonzola, Asiago or aged Cheddar.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2- cups ½ Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour 625 mL
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour 250 mL
- 2/3 cup Organic Quick Oats 150 mL
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds 75 mL
- 2 tsp Cannabinoid Creations CBD Hemp Tincture https://cannabinoidcreations.com/product/cbd-tincture-cartoon-cereal-crunch/ 10 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1- cups ¾ buttermilk 425 mL
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Figs Soft Dried Fruit 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped Tart Montmorency Cherries Whole Sweetened Dried Fruit, 125 mL
- 1 tsp Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds 5 mL
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, 1/3 cup (75 mL) hemp, salt, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, CBD Hemp tincture and egg in another bowl; pour over flour mixture and stir until ragged dough forms.
- Add figs and cherries; stir until well mixed.
- Turn dough onto floured work surface; knead once or twice and form into a ball. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top with 1 tsp (5 mL) hemp; press into dough, flattening into 7-inch (18 cm) round.. Mark top with shallow 4-inch (10 cm) long "x" using sharp knife.
- Bake 40 minutes or until bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on bottom. Let cool on rack 30 minutes before slicing.
Share this Recipe